Sunday 9 November 2008

Bocas del Toro... still

Hello all,

Apologies if this doesn´t make much sense, my hangover has made my brain a little fuddled! We are still in Bocas del Toro, and are catching the night bus to Panama City tonight, arriving at 5am Monday morning. We will be staying at Luna´s Castle hostel (owned by the same guys who run the Mondo Taitu hostel we´re staying at in Bocas. For all of you who like to look at where we´re staying, their website is http://www.lunascastlehostel.com/

Planning to see the Panama Canal tomorrow at Miraflores Lock, and then the following day go to Chorro El Macho (just over 2 hours away by bus from Panama city) which is a 60 m high waterfall in a rainforest, and you can swim in the pool underneath... how good does that sound?!

Went back to Wizard Beach yesterday where I fell asleep for 3 hours... in the shade luckily. It was sooooooo hot yesterday, had factor 50 on my legs and they were still burning so much I had to cover them with clothes! Put so much suncream on that it still hadn´t absorbed 3 hours later...

Started playing drinking games last night in the hostel with rude cards which was great fun, before heading to Aqualounge. Got pushed in the water... again... so spent most of my night in the sea. Not really quite sure how the evening ended, but suffice to say we all had a great time! For the first time since we´ve been here, it´s raining today and I´m not sweating!!!!! J and Haz are very relieved... So nice not to be in baking hot sun for a while. So will probably chill out at the hostel watching films and reading, lying in hammock until we go... life is so hard here!

Anyways, better go now to find some food, but hope everyone´s ok in the UK (if anyone speaks or emails Sarah my sister, please can you remind her that my birthday was 4 days ago and I haven´t heard from her in ages! Cheers...)

Muchos Panamanian love,
Al xxxxxxxx

No comments: