Thursday 14 May 2009

Diving!

Hey hey there,

Just a quickie - again - we are still in Byron Bay and having a wonderful time sunning ourselves on the beach, going around the quirky boutique shops (I resisted - very difficult - having my fairy portrait done!) We have booked up the Whitsundays tour and have forgone the Fraser Island, as it seems pretty similar to fantastic places we saw in central and south America. And also we can't put up with too many people drinking all night!

But... we realised that I need to dive pretty quickly, so we stayed in Byron Bay for another couple of days, and I had a checkup with the doctor - ears are now absolutely fine! Also chest, wee, lungs, eyesight etc etc is all perfectly healthy. So I am going in the pool for a practise with the instructor tomorrow (J and Haz are also allowed to come along and use their hot showers!) and then will join a lovely group of only 3 others for their finals dives on Sunday - the same dives that I missed. So then should be qualified! The only thing is that the instructor forgot to renew his PADI membership, so he cannot certify me with PADI, but can with SSI - which is identical (pretty much) - and I can still dive in exactly the same places and depth as I would with PADI. So we are going to head to the cinema tonight, then I'll go swimming tomorrow.

Heading to Nimbin on Saturday quickly, - it's only 40 minutes away - but then will return to Byron Bay for Sunday diving. Very exciting!

Gotta go and eat scrummy kebabs and falafel now (the nice kind, not the donner variety)
Lots of love to you all,
from us all,
Alice xxx

ps is having to refill our van with 2 litres of water daily after only driving about 200km worrying? We think we might have a leak around the radiator...!

No comments: