Friday 24 October 2008

More photos of Utila, Honduras

Hello everyone,

It's Alice here again today. Couldn't write the blog yesterday as was so gutted about diving. Had the worst day of the trip, but ended up having the best night. We went out with our friends for a gorgeous supper at Dave's restaurant (very imaginative names here), and then ended up on a bar that was on a jetty over the Caribbean, called Coco Loco. The music was good, the atmosphere brilliant, and just the right amount of people. Stephane and I ended up dancing a lot on the chair and floor while fireworks were exploding overhead from a catamaran moored up near the bar... Absolutely beautiful.

J and Haz got up with me early this morning - they are so kind, - and had a mission to see the doctor, but I got bad news. He looked in my left ear and said I had an infection and couldn't dive for 2-3 days, which was ok. He then looked in my right ear (the bleeding one), and said I couldn't dive for a month as the infection was chronic and apparently very serious. I nearly cried (so proud I didn't break down into body shaking sobs). So am on 2000 mg amoxicillin and another prescription anti inflammatory daily, and will try to do the last 2 dives I need to complete before I'm certified as an Open Water PADI diver somewhere else. I can scuba dive to 12m at the moment (rather than J and Haz's 18m), and I have to go with a professional, but once I do those final 2 dives (with only a couple of skills), I will be certified Open Water as well. At the moment I'm a PADI Scuba Diver. Very gutted, especially as I wanted to do the advanced course. Have to see a doctor on Wednesday next week and probably another one after that to make sure that it's settling.

So not going to start taking the antibiotics til tomorrow (feel fine, luckily no pain at all, just feel kinda faint a lot, like I'm continually drunk... quite fun...) cause we're planning a big one tonight. Haz and J are siesta-ing at the moment, - had better join them. Need to keep the energy levels up!

Planning on moving south on Monday, think the floods are subsiding a little now.

Much love,
Alxxxx

No comments: